R&D Search & Evaluation
Might my project be of interest to Ferrer?
We at Ferrer are able to acknowledge the therapeutic value of a project, due to which we are passionate about studying any project that may generate a significant impact on the lives of patients.
The possibilities for arriving at a deal increase if your project:
- Is recommended for any of the aforementioned therapeutic areas.
- Has initiated any of the clinical testing phases on humans.
- Enjoys a solid intellectual property protection position.
- Presents clear advantages with regard to existing treatments (whether proven or potential).
What must I do to look into collaborating with Ferrer?
- Assess the need or convenience of sharing or discussing the initiative with your Transfer Office or your Institution’s Innovation Department.
- Submit the non-confidential information requested.
- Within a few weeks, a senior Ferrer scientist will be in touch so you may establish the following steps together.
What happens if my project is not selected?
As with any invitation to tender, the selection process discards a percentage of projects, whether it be due to a temporary or strategic misalignment or a lack of maturity. A negative decision is not necessarily a reflection of the scientific or clinical quality of the project.
Ferrer’s senior scientist will be able to advise you about any key tasks to be carried out, or about how to re-focus the indication or concept testing to help value your project from an investment perspective. This is our way of collaborating with the innovation ecosystem.
Does registering my project imply surrendering any of my rights?
No, the registration of your project at Ferrer Open does not require you to waive any of your rights. The intellectual property of your project remains the originator’s property at all times.
The conditions negotiation process starts once your project has been selected by Ferrer for co-development. Over the course of said negotiation, the intellectual property will remain unchanged, and, among other issues to be agreed upon, the distribution of the product’s commercial rights will be established based on the specific weight of the parties with regard to the project.